Friday, May 27, 2011

Still not feeling quite like myself

OK so let me start with the cardiac stress test I had on Tuesday.

It seemed to be going normally but once I was off the treadmill and they were monitoring me as I caught my breath, my heart rate spiked to over 200 and stayed there for just over a minute.

The cardiologist was concerned about it.

He also noticed a slight heart murmur when he was listening to my heart beat.

So I went back in on Wednesday for an echocardiogram and I have to wait until June 20th to go back in to learn how to use something called an "event monitor."

I will be using it for at least 2 weeks starting on the 20th and then once he analyzes all the results - I'll have a better idea of what's going on.

What I am finding really rather strange and disconcerting about it all is that I can't recall a time in my life where I didn't have breathing issues after really exerting myself and then, once I would catch my breath it would feel like my heart was racing and that there was the sound of thunder and water in my ears.

So it seems normal to me.

Now I feel very freaked out about it all.

Do you know what I mean?

As I got older, I attributed it more to my heart racing in a belated panic reaction to my difficulty with drawing what I feel is sufficient breath.

But I can remember having that sort of thing happen back in my bar days where I would dance all night and drink tons of water.

I can remember it happening in high school.

All the way back to elementary school.

I will say that it seems a bit more severe or incapacitating now - as in it feels like it takes me longer to recover but that could just be my perception.

In other news... Baby Girl is still not walking.  Though she has taken one unassisted step on two separate occasions.

And she is still not a fan of the outdoors, swings or slides as of yet.

Yesterday: "I love my brother THIS much!" 

Son had to make something that moves for school.

Tuesday: "AHHHHHH!!!!! I hate nature!!!"

Yesterday - a super-cute smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment