Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Today

Well I got home last night and Hubs and my kidlets were very happy to see me - just as I was happy to be home with them again!

I have my cardiac test this afternoon... hoping that goes well but it's also my TOM and I am very crampy and bitchy today.

One of my take-aways from Calgary was that I kept seeing pairs of birds that I was unfamiliar with.  I was told while I was there that they were mockingbirds.

Unfortunately, I was unable to catch them on camera but a google search turned up a picture of one from this person's Picasa gallery:  http://picasaweb.google.com/KarenMaine10433/AlbertaVacation2009# - I do not know Karen Maine but if you look at the third picture (in the top row) from that link - you will see a mockingbird just like the ones I saw while I was in Calgary.

I don't know if I can link a FB video like this or not but I got video of a guy trying to drum up business by tossing a sign... http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150627784060158&comments

On Saturday I went out for a walk in the afternoon with one of the girls and we encountered a 90ish old woman who was lost and we helped get her back to the retirement home she lived at, so that was a nice moment of good karma.

I spent most of Sunday dreadfully hungover after the BBQ on Saturday night and I think I handled the flight home on Monday far better than the flight out there BUT I was more nervous coming home because it was really crappy weather in Calgary on Monday morning.










water slide at the hotel pool


complimentary breakfast


Well on my way to the land of drunkenness

crappy weather rolling in (taken from hotel room)

On the way home!!!

Going to land soon

No comments:

Post a Comment