Saturday, October 30, 2010

New shake combo

Good day!

Weight:  242.2 lbs

So I don't tend to think I get enough protein so this morning's breakfast shake was made of the following items:

  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 a large banana
  • 1 scoop unflavoured protein powder
  • 1 scoop ground flaxseed powder
  • 1 tsp benefiber
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup tropicana pure no pulp orange juice w/ added vitamin A & D
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened Blue Diamond chocolate almond milk
  • 1/4 cup organic vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup chopped spinach

I don't find shakes as tasty when I add the spinach but I do have to be more diligent with getting some veggies in.

I got my blood work results back from the DR.

my tsh was 2.04
my glucose random was 3.9
my ferritin was 17

Of course I don't know what it all means so I googled things.

The TSH # is normal,  but I read that one can still have thyroid problems when the TSH # is normal and that a T3 and T4 test are required to be certain.

My glucose random # was the lowest number still considered to be "normal" though it said that a low glucose random number can indicate thyroid problems and my ferritin is low (out of the normal range) and it also says that it can be indicative of thyroid problems.

So I guess I'll see what I am advised of next.  I see my naturopath near the end of November so hopefully she'll have some good suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment