Monday, July 25, 2011

Had to get this off my chest

I realize that even writing this may be opening myself for a shitstorm of vitriol and that's NOT what I am looking for.

This has been kicking around in my head for a bit.

There is a somewhat well-known blogger who had one blog back when I started FAB. Then he stopped writing in that one (I think the story was that it was hacked or something - but it was awhile ago so I can't claim to be clear on the details). Whatever it was, that blog he was first using - stopped being used.

Then, there was 2nd version/incarnation of his previous blog. That made sense, it had a similar name so his followers could locate him etc...

But, for some reason he decided to stop using that one and he even posted a goodbye post.

OK, lots of bloggers stop blogging or some even have different blogs for different topics (I do that thought this one sees the most action).

But THEN, there was a new blog, started out with a fake name and occupation (compared to the listed info on his previous 2 blogs) but then as the writing style and content was the same so it was obvious to all that it was that same previous blogger. And, in fact, he rather quickly "came out" as himself on his new blog.

But for all the dissing I've seen him do on his various blogs that's been directed at other bloggers - it just seems odd that he's on his 3rd blog and still craps on other people for how they blog, what they blog, abandoning their blogs, leaving their weight loss blogs and starting new weight loss blogs et cetera.

As well, there was a WAY out of line comment recently that seemed specifically aimed at someone very important to me. Considering that the blogger (who you will notice I am not naming) had some personal information from the person that he then used as a joke at the person he seemed to be slamming - it just pissed me off.

Of course, he didn't name names either, giving himself some plausible denial-ability I guess BUT with the specific circumstances used in the slagging -- I can't see it being applied to a very broad portion of the weight loss community bloggers.

And, frankly, I think it was shitty.

So, despite my original resolve to ignore it - I had to at least write this.