Sunday, February 13, 2011

Housework day

First load of laundry is in the washer, other loads are "on deck."

Hubs is going to work on the kitchen.

Baby Girl us shaking and bouncing in her bouncer.  Son is still at his father's place.

BTW - Son earned his solid orange belt at his Kung Fu Grading yesterday!

Still working on increasing my liquid intake.  Did I tell you that on the days I do an hour of exercise I am apparently supposed to consume 17 cups of water (or comparable liquid like herbal tea)?

That's what the about.com water intake calculator told me.

It's crazy!  That's like almost eight 500 ml bottles of water.

I'm averaging about 6 cups of herbal tea (or decaf green tea), a cup of orange juice to take my pills with and one or two 500 ml bottles of water.

This has been one of my long-standing challenges with getting healthier.

from the link (after answering the questions):

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm
137.5 ounces of water today, or 4.1 liters.

If you eat a healthy diet, about 20 percent of your water may come from the foods you eat. If you eat a healthy diet you can drink 110 ounces of water today, or 3.3 liters.

Water is the obvious source for your daily fluid needs. Other good beverages include milk, herbal teas, low-sodium broth, 100% fruit and vegetable juices. Soft drinks will also count toward your daily total of fluid, just remember that sugar sweetened soft drinks and fruit juices add extra calories to you daily diet that you don't need, while drinking water may help you lose weight.

Once I stop breast-feeding Baby Girl then it recommends:   113.5 ounces of water today, or 3.4 liters.

But since I use measuring cups to measure (or base it on ml re: my water bottles) it equals 14 cups.

A cup is 250 ml.  Hence why my 500 ml water bottles = two cups.

5 comments:

  1. Laundry day here too. I'm so glad water is my drink of choice! That's a lot of water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so do you know that orange juice takes the potency out of most pills? Just a little tidbit..

    But that's a lot of water.. and I know that I don't get near the water I'm supposed to be.. something to work on..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - please tell me you are kidding - I take them with the orange juice because they don't seem to start turning into gross-tasting mush as quickly as they seem to with water.

    Because I suck at swallowing pills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, do you want to come do my laundry too??? Ha ha!

    Sarah
    notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete