Sunday, February 20, 2011

A good day with a new NSV

So today I went out with Baby Girl, the magnificent K. & S-girl.

Hubs took Step-Daughter home because there was a big winter storm watch that had people feeling nervous and then by the time he got back from dropping her off, the storm watch was canceled.

But since Step-Daughter's primary residence is about 245 km from where we live, it's not like Hubs could turn around and go get her for the extra day (tomorrow is a holiday here).

Son had a fun play-date with K's boys while the girls went out.

Now, let me tell you -- I am not a fan of malls or of shopping.  Partly due to my anxiety and panic issues and partly because I don't have the best of luck trying to find things to fit me.

But today - I found 2 bras at La Senza that fit OK (if they'd had something bigger than a DD I might have had more luck but one style fit me in the 38 DD) and I was able to try on a couple of tops in two "normal" stores.

Meaning stores that I've either never shopped in before or haven't shopped in in a very, VERY long time.

One fit but wasn't as flattering as I had hoped and the other was snug on my chest but too tight on my tummy and wouldn't pull down to my hips.

Nonetheless, just the fact that I could find things that could fit/sort of fit was a huge NSV for me.

Also, I wanted to feel a bit pretty today - help stoke myself up for being out in public so I put some makeup on.

I think this pic was flattering...















And here's one of myself and the baby Girl herself...








We walked around the mall and tried things on for over an hour...

And, I HAD FUN doing it!!!

Shocking, I know!

How was your day?

4 comments:

  1. That is incredible! I think that one day I'll enjoy shopping but am no where near there yet! Love the pic of you and Baby Girl!! Beautiful!
    Colleen
    Goodbye, Fat Girl!
    Fun Beyond Driven Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you were able to find things in "regular" stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is Awesome!! I can't wait until I can shop on the "normal" racks, or go into ANY store and find something that fits. Way to go!! I'm just starting my Weightloss. I've lost 25lbs so far, and 100+ to go. My starting weight was the exact same as yours :)
    www.shrinking-jeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Baby Girl is STILL doing that face??! Too funny!
    And you look very sexy in that photo - especially with that pouty mouth thing going on there. Women would kill for a mouth like that!

    ReplyDelete