Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thinking about an old friend & his family today...

I received the sad news yesterday that the father of one of my friends had passed away.

It made me sad, because although I haven't seen my friend, M. or his parents in a number of years -- they had all been a large part of my life in the late 90s as M. is also an ex boyfriend of mine.

His parents were awesome people with their own foibles and quirks and moments of genius. They were fun and loving and original and were always so welcoming of me into their lives when I was with their youngest son.

And even though M. and I were over many years ago, he and his parents always retained a special place in my heart because of the type of people that they were/are.

Greg was a real character. In the same sort of way that my Dad was. Big on tangents, a TV fan, lots of opinions (even if people didn't always want to listen at that moment) but when you came right down to it you could say, in all truth that he really loved his family.

I am so happy that he was there to see M. meet his soul mate, get married and have a wonderful daughter.

Because I've lost my parents too -- this hit me hard because I know how M. & his brother feel, as I've been there.

This isn't about me though, it's about sharing a sorrow and remembering a great man with fondness and love.

M. and his family are all in my thoughts and in my prayers.

3 comments:

  1. It's so sad when we lose people who have such an impact in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the loss. I've last both parents in the past 6 or 7 years and it's hard... Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete