Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Consuming my liquids - a struggle

OK so I was doing really well for awhile with drinking my water and all of that. Then I started to sruggle a bit. The water is less appealing. Especially since it's cold and yucky.

So I started drinking more tea - because tea is warm and comforting and that was fine but what I did not realize was that I was drinking a LOT of caffeniated tea.

Sent Hubs to the grocery store today and now I have some decaf green tea and lemon herbal tea (I make a pot of tea using one bag of each) and I drink the whole pot (4 cups).

I think that now that I've got decaf that I can drink two pots a day (8 cups) and then drink cold water for the rest.

Hopefully this helps me feel back on track.

I am also nervous because back in 2006 when I lost weight, I started to plateau between 208 - 220 lbs and I never broke through to ONEderland.

So, I've been slacking on my EA Sports Active since I've been hitting the track and I really need to work on my daily time-management a bit more.

Today the plan is some time on the elliptical and an EA Sports Active workout.

Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck! I'm not a fan of water either. I drink green tea every day, all day. Plain water just doesn't cut it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to buy a new "fun" water bottle to get me back at it. It's not my fave but I don't like tea....

    You can get through your plateau - you are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really struggle with the water issue. I've been doing better but still not so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always struggle with my water intake. I know people who say "Oh you just get used to it". I have never been one to WANT to drink alot. Hope the tea helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck! I need to ditch my caffeinated teas too and go for the decaf green. I actually didn't realise green tea had caffeine. Silly me.
    Can I just say, while I'm here, that you should be very very VERY proud of how far you have come. I was just reading the about me stuff on the left of your blog and the changes to your "about me" description. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psst - I didn't know green tea had caffeine until a friend pointed it out... so don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you're so close to one-derland too and I cannot wait to see you get there. Not much advice on water 'cuz I like it. I just keep it around me all day and it's amazing how much you drink when you are taking sips here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with ya on the tea. I've been drinking more and more green tea, and trying to get away from the diet coke. It's a struggle though! Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete