Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Who watched Dr. Oz on Monday?

Here's what he said on his show...

According to Dr. Oz:

Best time to weigh yourself is - 6:30 a.m. (which is apparently when most Americans get up)
Best time to exercise is ------- 6:35 a.m.
You should have breakfast no later than an hour after waking so 7:30 a.m.
Lunch should be at noon.
Supper should be at 6:30 p.m.

Best time of day to boost your metabolism is 8:00 a.m. and you should drink a glass of ice cold water.

Best time of day to grocery shop is apparently 10 a.m.

Best time to take fiber supplement is 6:15 p.m. (before supper).

Though is this all based on what time the average American gets up?

What if your regular time to get up is 7:30? Should you push everything back an hour?

Anyone have thoughts on this?

7 comments:

  1. My regular get up time is 5:00 Am and I do weigh when I get up every morning. I have found that if I wait about 30 min. that I weigh less then if I step on them first thing. I love Dr. Oz by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, about what Debbie said. Thanks for posting this. It's very interesting. I guess if you get up later you would need to adjust your times - what else can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should use his example and adjust it to your schedule. Like if you get up at 8:00, wait 1 1/2 hours and drink a glass of ice cold water, etc.

    My hubby and I have been DVR-ing Dr. Oz since he was first on Oprah and now his show. I also watch him on OWN. LOVE HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is plain ridiculous. Metabolic schedules change from person to person, and over the course of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, yeah. HE can get up at 6:30. Screw that shit!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a nite owl and I normally get up anywhere from 10 on Pilates days to 2 pm on weekends or later, sometimes my body is on a very weird schedule. So, I think those may be off for me. I have been a nite owl since I was a kid (wanted to stay up late, hard to get up early). Still am that at 50. I can't have regular horus cause the world makes demands (ie, I may have to be up early for some appt so I get less sleep).

    ReplyDelete
  7. IMHO, the best time to weigh in is whenever you get the courage. The best time to drink water is whenever you can. The best time to eat is when you can manage the time to prepare and consume a healthy meal or snack. The best time to exercise is whenever you can drag your butt to the gym or outside or equivalent. Death to the word "should"!

    ReplyDelete