Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Can't sleep... clown'll eat me"

OK so I am not Bart Simpson but that ep comes to mind since I have not been able to get back to sleep after last breast-feeding Baby Girl at 4 a.m.

I'm lying there in bed and I am just AWAKE and it sucks and I would rather be sleeping.

I finally gave up and came downstairs in the hopes that I could either get myself sleepy by hanging out down here in the dark or that I could find something to do.

I don't know that I feel like getting on the elliptical in my nightie but I just might simply because I have nothing else to do.

I wish I felt inspired to do some writing of the fictional or poetic bent but I'm not in the mood for that either.

*sigh*

I will write about something embarrassing though...

I don't know if this ever happens to any of you but very often after I've done the EA sports active workout, some other form of workout or sometimes even after some brisk walking I find myself suffering from gas, discomfort, nausea and sometimes diarrhea.

I don't know WHY this happens but it is very uncomfortable.

Sometimes I think it's related to my body temperature changing or something because I have sometimes suffered in a similar manner in the summer when I go from being outside and being warm, hot or seriously over-heated and then enter somewhere that is strongly air conditioned.

Am I alone in this? Or does any of the above ever happen to anyone else?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't been sleeping well lately :( I can either get to sleep right away and wake up wide FREAKIN' away in the middle of the night or it takes me forever to get to sleep.

    Um ... I can't say that what's happening with you has happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a shitty problem - sorry, I had to say that. I know in previous fitness attempts, I'd often get the runs an hour or so after a long walk on the treadmill. No idea why though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Rick. It happens to me if I eat dinner and then work out. That's why I prefer to work out having a light snack, but not a meal. I guess while you move it, move it your inners are moving it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's called the runners' shits. Happens alot to people when they work out pretty hard and get heated up. Don't fear-all poop is good poop! ;-)
    I find myself awake and stewing some nights, blogging helps, ebay REALLY helps, just laying there with a dog helps. I bet that happens alot with breastfeeding, huh? Since it increases your metabolism so much? Maybe you should have some warm milk. Ok, sorry about that. ;-)

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I work out hard, really push it, I too will get to feeling pretty crappy. Not always but once in awhile.
    Sleep is hard to come by sometimes. It matters not if it was a lazy day, a hectic day, or I just worked out or in the AM. I get insomnia every few months and it goes on for 2 weeks. Haven't a clue why, doctor says can get something but afraid I'll get attached to it so just suffer knowing it'll end.
    Everything will work out, patience my friend.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete