Friday, July 23, 2010

Apathy is winning today

I've been up for 2.5 hours and have eaten nothing.

I know I ought to be eating when I get up. Hell, the internet tells me so!

Excerpt from that link:

Eating early in the day keeps us from "starvation eating" later on. But it also jump-starts your metabolism, says Elisabetta Politi, RD, MPH, nutrition manager for the Duke Diet & Fitness Center at Duke University Medical School. "When you don't eat breakfast, you're actually fasting for 15 to 20 hours, so you're not producing the enzymes needed to metabolize fat to lose weight."


But I had a banana around 2 a.m. so that means I've only been fasting for 10.5 hrs.

And I am on my 2nd cup of tea. With skim milk and 1 tsp of farmer's market honey.

Guess I ought to eat something. Or blend something and then drink that.

So far today:

Apathy - 1
me - 0

weight: 277.6 lbs

OK, I paused in typing this to grab the last banana.

After this I might have my bread for the day in the form of a toasted poppyseed bagel with a bit of butter and some lean turkey breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment