Thursday, January 26, 2012

2nd therapy appointment yesterday

So I had my 2nd session yesterday.

She said that we will start doing something called EMDR in a few more sessions.  Before my next appointment (in 2 weeks) I have to work on a timeline for her of positive and negative events in my life that I remember.

That may well be challenging because, frankly, most of my memories are negative as those are the ones that stick whereas the happy ones are harder to hold onto.

Yesterday I described the fact that, to me, happiness is transient whereas, in my ideal world, it would be a constant.

I think there were a number of emotional factors and stressors related to my unfortunate re-gain.

The counselor that I meet with told me yesterday that it is not her job to diagnose me or prescribe anything, it's her job to help me accept what has happened in the past and release all the negativity and fear that I hang on to.

Though she did suggest that I talk to my family DR about medication.

I'm still thinking about that.

If anyone reading has some experience with anti-depressant and/or anti-anxiety medication, feel free to comment or to message me privately.


weight:  247.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment