Friday, April 8, 2011

a sort of random post

Yesterday we went to the Farmer's Market and in one of the buildings they sell models and stuff and I had to take a picture of this one, simply because "Clara May" was almost my first name when my parents were choosing a name for me when I was adopted.

It had nothing to do with the ship -- it was because my social worker's first name was Clara and my parents really liked her (and so did I apparently, though I do not remember my "Auntie Clara").


Now this morning, Son had an appointment with his pediatrician and we are going to be trying him on a low dose of medication.

It is called "biphentin" and is typically prescribed to ADD/ADHD patients.

I tend to be very anti-medication when it comes to autism, so this is a big thing for us to try it but I really have a lot of faith in Son's pediatrician.

I was cautioned that it could impact Son's sleeping and that, if that occurs, that I should pick up some over-the-counter melatonin in such a circumstance.

In 3 wks, I am supposed to have his teacher fill out a Snap-IV assessment and I'll be filling one out re: his behaviour at home and then in a month, we go back to the pediatrician with the information to assess how it's working for Son.

Upcoming medical appointments are:

April 26th @ 10:50 a.m. - Hubs goes in to find out if the Big V was successful and if he is "swimmer-free" or not.

May 3rd @ 10 a.m. I go in to my DR for my physical (btw, my DR mentioned my weight loss when I had Baby Girl in yesterday).

May 11th @ 11 a.m. I have to take Son back to the pediatrician.

June 27th @1:40 p.m. Baby Girl goes in for her 15 month appt.

Still no luck on the job front for Hubs... he followed up with one place and was told they aren't choosing potential applicants for interviews until after April 21st.

He did get a pre-screening call from a warehouse but he won't know if he made it past the pre-screen for at least a week.

So please keep sending good vibes :>

No comments:

Post a Comment