Thursday, January 13, 2011

30 days of photos - Day 6

6. A picture of a person you’d love to trade places with for a day
OK this one was ridiculously hard...

Ultimately - I am happy being ME so I decided that I would interpret this one as including time-travel and such and then I had to decide at which age I'd like to swap places with myself...

I finally decided that I would switch places with me at the age of 16.

Age 16 me (as pictured below) got that outfit for her first Xmas party with a date.

What would I do as 16-year-old me?  I would look in the mirror and tell her she is beautiful, she is smart, she is a good person and that she doesn't have to settle.  She doesn't have to do things she's uncomfortable with just because her boyfriend wants to.

And I'd tell her to dump his ass, rather than accept his apology after he decided it would be "funny" to handcuff her to a couch when she fell asleep and attempt to get her to go farther with him than she wanted to.

That way she'd never have been hit by him and maybe would've avoided jumping from that abusive relationship into another one and later other ones.






















Still to come:

7. A picture of most treasured item

8. A picture that makes you laugh

9. A picture of a person who has gotten you through the most

10. A picture of the person you do the most fucked up things with

11. A picture of something you hate

12. A picture of something you love

13. A picture of your favourite band or artist

14. A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without

15. A picture of something you want to do before you die

16. A picture of someone who inspires you

17. A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

18. A picture of your biggest insecurity

19. A picture of you when you were little

20. A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel

21. A picture of something you wish you could forget

22. A picture of something you wish you were better at

23. A picture of your favourite book

24. A picture of something you wish you could change

25. A picture of your day

26. A picture of something that means a lot to you

27. A picture of yourself and a family member

28. A picture of something your afraid of

29. A picture that can always make you smile

30. A picture of someone you miss

Already done:
1. A picture of yourself and 15 facts.

2. A picture of you and person you’ve been the closest with the longest

3. A picture of the cast of your favourite show

4. A picture of your night

5. A picture of your favourite memory

5 comments:

  1. Wow. He handcuffed you to the couch?

    There are a lot of things I'd tell my 16 year old self, too. Mostly, not to sweat the small stuff. What a pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he did... it was pretty scary but he told me he was only kidding around and he was sorry etc...

    Of course, in hindsight at 16 I shouldn't have been dating a 21-year-old anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award. It means a lot. I am so humbled by and grateful to the wonderful people I have met through my blog, and you are one of them.

    By the way, LOVED your 16 year old photo. Look at those long legs. Pretty girl, you.

    In terms of the 21 year old, sounds like he was a jerk. And I bet he still is. You don't JOKE by handcuffing someone to a couch and then putting moves on her. People!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Digger - yeah, he was not a good guy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad we can't go back and have a chat with our younger selves.

    ReplyDelete