Tuesday, December 28, 2010

another drop

Well this was nice to see...

weight: 223.8 lbs

My next goal, as you may know, is to hit 222.4 lbs which, if my math is correct, is a 20% weight loss from my July 23rd weight of 278 lbs.

I am really looking fwd to getting there and then I'll be making my goals by total pounds loss in increments of 10 lbs to make it easier to track.

I have not put time allotments on the coming up goals because I am not sure what rate I ought to be losing.  As I get closer to 200, is it reasonable to aim for 2 lbs a wk?  Up until now I've been aiming at 2.5 lbs per wk but I know weight loss can slow down a bit so I don't want to set any unrealistic goals.

I have an appt with my naturopath on Wednesday, so I'll ask her what she thinks.

No idea what we are going to be doing today.

Oh and my nose is running :(

Yuck.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, so close to your 20% goal. That has got to feel good.

    I never put times or date on my goals because your body is going to do what it is going to do. I will do everything I can do meet a goal, but I think setting dates on them can be a bit demotivating should I not get there by X time or date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I am even closer to the 20% now (that my darn bowels are moving a bit)... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are right. As I get lower and lower, the weight loss gets harder and harder. And my body has started doing this weird pattern of a small loss around 1-1.5 pounds one week, then 4.5-5 the next week. Whatever. So I have stopped with the weekly expectations as long as it keeps coming off. To me it seemed to get more difficult and less consistent after I crossed 200 pounds.

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete