Sunday, September 26, 2010

What did I do wrong?

On Aug 10th I was 270.2 lbs and I took the following measurements:

hips - 58
bust - 47.5
waist - 47

left upper arm - 15
neck - 15

right thigh - 33
right calf - 21.5

I bought my own soft tape measure the other day and tried taking my measurements and the results didn't make sense.

I am going to re-try now (with my lovely assistant, Hubs) and you can see where I am confused...

weight: 253.4 lbs

hips - 57
bust - 45
waist - 46

left upper arm - 15
neck - 15

right thigh - 34.5
right calf - 20.5

My weight difference is a decrease of 16.8 lbs in 48 days.

I've apparently GAINED an inch on my right thigh and only LOST a TOTAL of 4.5 inches

WTF?!?!?!?!

Did I do it wrong the first time? Did Hubs and I fuck it up this time?

Did I fuck it up both times?!?!!?!

I am totally confused.

Also, I've apparently lost a smidge of height as I was measured yesterday at 5 ft 5. I used to be 5 ft 5 and 1/4 - 1/2.

3 comments:

  1. Try not to get too discouraged ... I've only dropped 7 pounds on the scale since I started this in early 2009. Even measurements sometimes are not terribly accurate.
    How do you feel? How do your clothes fit? Have you gained energy and self-confidence? How is your blood pressure if that was an issue, or the blood supgar or cholesterol? There are so many ways of measuring successing but the most important one is to know that you have invested in your future and that you feel better.
    Stay focussed, keep active, eat healthy, drink lots of water and keep us updated. I'll be here to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I have more energy and I bought a pair of pants at Old Navy where I have NEVER been able to fit into any pants before.

    And I am wearing some stuff that seems to fit better now.

    But I thought measurements were even better than weight for tracking change.

    I feel very confused.

    Still made myself get on the elliptical today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Thanks for cheering me on, Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete