Sunday, February 26, 2012

Update on the meds

OK so I have been consistently taking my medication.

The Good:

  1. Negative self-talk is still almost completely gone.
  2. Binge eating seems to be gone.
  3. Depression does not seem so dire.
  4. Paranoia has lessened a fair amount.
  5. Anxiety has lessened quite a bit.
The Challenging:

  1. Sex drive is WAY down.
  2. Sleeping issues are difficult to deal with (tired during the day, tired but unable to sleep soundly at night).
  3. Increased headaches.
  4. Almost constant dry-mouth.

A success story:

I went grocery shopping ALONE on Thursday for the first time in YEARS!!!  It was stressful because I was also having them price-match to competitor's flyers, but I did it.  And I only had to do one extra walk around the store to calm myself down before getting into the checkout line.

Sadder success stories:

My neighbour passed away on Feb 16th of cancer and I went to the visitation at the funeral home to show support for his wife.

Today I am going to the visitation of my friend's mother, who passed away of cancer on Feb 23rd.

I have always had issues with funerals and funeral homes, even before my adoptive parents died.

I'm just updating my blog before my friend gets here to pick me up.

On a brighter note:

If I remember, I have a cute video of Baby Girl that I will post but back-date to before this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment