Thursday, April 28, 2011

I went to GreenFit today!

OK so you might recall that I mentioned there was an awesome deal for 4 personal training sessions that I purchased via www.dealfind.com the other day.  Well I went to my first appointment at GreenFit Health & Fitness which was, essentially, an information and fact-gathering session for Dave.

Although I was pretty anxious and nervous about going, I had a nice pep talk call from K. before I went and, really, Dave is really nice and the vibe/energy at GreenFit was positive and comfortable.

Nervous me, before heading to GreenFit...



I wish I could've been doing a vlog for y'all to show some of the movements that Dave had me doing for him to get an idea of my strengths and weaknesses. 

I think you'd have been rather amused and I was laughing quite a bit at myself.  Partly from nerves and self-consciousness and partly because I knew I needed work and partly just because I am ready, willing and able to laugh at myself.

There was actually a great quote on this week's ep of Cougar Town delivered perfectly by Brian Van Holt as Bobby Cobb: "Just remember, you can't hear the world laughing at you if you're laughing harder."

I think that statement really spoke to me because no matter how shitty life has been, I have always been able to laugh at myself.

Anyways, as uncoordinated and balance-challenged as I may be -- I enjoyed myself today and I go back for my first actual session on Tuesday.

Happy me after getting home...


Man, Tuesday is going to be a busy day... my physical, a haircut and a workout.

Speaking of hair... Baby Girl is finally starting to grow some more hair and get a bit of curl-action happening...



What else has been going on?

Well -- Hubs had his follow-up with the DR and we are happy to say that he has no more swimmers so hurray for the return of "adult fun time"!!!!

Yesterday I had fun with S-girl, running some errands - diving through a gigantic DVD bin searching for "The Goonies" for $5 (and yes, we both got a copy!) and hanging out.

Son scored an awesome solar system for his bedroom light (Thanks to Auntie S-girl) and a Thor hammer to go with his Thor helm (thanks to moi).












I need to go out today because we are out of lactose-free milk (for everyone except Baby Girl) and I am almost out of my Special K (still not as good as Honey Nut Cornflakes - which I can't find anywhere these days) but tasty.



Hmmn, and last but not least, I was a little bummed that Ellen didn't get much feedback on her wonderful post here yesterday but I'm still really glad she posted :)

Hope everyone is having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment