That's a good thing.
The bad = our $1000 deductible. Doesn't look like our claim will exceed that so we are just out the money and I'm sure our insurance will go up even though none of this was our fault.
The also bad = my weight. Not sleeping or BEING at home since Thursday morning = no cooking, less exercise, more stress and way, way WAY LESS SLEEP.
I'm going to be recording my first actual GAIN *sniff* since I started this journey in earnest in July 2010.
I've decided I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning for the official number, but I am hoping to have a decent night's sleep tonight and such.
But I am not happy about this.
And my start to the New Year in general with the fire and everything really blows.
The only thing I read about the fire next door was this:
A fire Thursday evening at a Beechwood Drive townhouse was caused by an exhaust fan in the kitchen that was clogged with grease.
Firefighters arrived at 5:45 p.m., evacuated the family inside and treated the mother, who got a burn on her finger while trying to put the fire out. There were no other injuries.
Damage to the home was about $60,000 to $70,000, Fire Department Platoon Chief Mark Schedewitz said.
The motor in the stove’s exhaust fan likely started the fire, which was then fuelled by a buildup of grease on the fan, he said.
“People don’t take the fan out and clean it every once in a while,” but they should, he said.
*(I removed the name of my city though)
Anyway, that's about all I have to say at the moment.
We've got lots of laundry to do and cleaning and eventually some grocery shopping to replace everything that we had that was open and not in the fridge or the freezer.