Wednesday, January 19, 2011

5 k in 51 mins - and I ran/jogged for 1 k of it!

me waiting for the girls to pick me up



















OK so, despite being incapable of jogging/running, BREATHING and talking -- 1G1D1Y managed to get me to run for 1 k of our 5 k today.

No, not one whole k of running -- if I'd tried that - you'd see Hubs posting on here that something unfortunate had happened to me - but we ran part of every other lap and then a bit on each of the last ones.

And tonight I did NOT have to use one hand to hold up my pants and the other to hold my boobs (even though there was major boob floppage despite the fact that I was wearing TWO sports bras!)

Though on the walking bits, I was slower because I did not remember to take any Tylenol or Motrin for my female stuff and my damn knee hurts more (and is more colourful) than it did/was yesterday.

All in all though - I am pretty proud of myself!

And tonight I did not notice my thighs slapping together as if they wanted to do a Thigh 5 instead of a High 5 - but I swear it happened last night and I'd even told 1G1D1Y that I was going to blog about it - then I ended up forgetting to.

Oh and earlier today I went to see S-girl and she passed on a pair of jeans to me that are too big for her.

They are 14s but don't fit like the two pairs of 14s that I own and can wear so I have a new pair of jeans to make short-term goal jeans...

It makes me really self-conscious to post unflattering pics of myself but I really do try to keep things honest and real around here so...

*sigh*

Short-term goal jeans pics



5 comments:

  1. Nice hustle to get that much mileage in. Way to go! Oh, and thanks for the walking club suggestion - I'll look into it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the 5k!!! And the jeans, hey you got them up so that is great, I always consider it a victory if I can pull them over my thunder thighs!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and H are really kickin these winter workouts! I wish i could get out every night, but it's just proving impossible for me to get a babysitter every day. I'd love to have a friend like you close that i could team up with.

    Ps, i think it's good to have a short term goal- go for it and you'll be posting pics of those jeans buttoned up in NO time at all!!

    xx
    lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on that exercise, hon! You're just rockin' right along. :) SO proud of you! You'll make that goal - no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome! I haven't even attempted to do a 5k yet.. and congrats on getting in under an hour. :)

    ReplyDelete